Are you still using soap to clean your face?
I cannot begin to tell you the last time I used any kind of soap to clean my face. I've been using oil as a cleanser for so long now that I cannot begin to imagine using anything else.
The Cleanse My Face product was inspired by a skincare class I was asked to teach at the Greenville Public Library. I was talking about oil cleansing and even demonstrated the technique to the class. Up until this time I was just using the Hydration Oil to cleanse and then reapplying as a moisturizer after spritzing my face with toner. This worked well enough, but the Cleanse My Face is specially formulated for a deeper clean.
All I can say is I'm hooked and have been using it ever since.
There are of course a variety of ways to oil cleanse, but this is the one I use. It may look a little overwhelming and time consuming at first glance. I've found that I actually look forward to cleaning my face at the end of a long day. I know it's my quiet time to pause and reflect while preparing myself for slumber.
My Oil Cleansing Method
1. Get your oil mixture (I use Cleanse My Face), and clean washcloth.
2. Wet face with warm water.
3. Put 1 - 2 droppers, not drops of oil (quarter size amount) into your palm and rub hands together.
4. Rub clean fingers gently over your face in small circles for 30 seconds to 2 minutes to allow the oil to penetrate. Concentrate on areas with blocked pores.
5 .Quickly wet the washcloth with hot or very warm water (not scalding), wring it out, and spread it over your face.
6 .Leave on until the washcloth has cooled to about room temperature and then gently wipe excess from your face with the washcloth.
7. Voila! You have oil cleansed. There should be a thin layer of oil still on your skin to balance and protect.
8. Apply toner to damp face. Finish by applying a moisturizer ( I use Hydration Oil.)